In Regiment Battle (連隊戦), enemy waves will come one after another! Defeat them by using the ability to switch teams mid-battle! To enter the event, select the banner from the sortie page.
Event Period: 29 December 2015 (Tues) 17:00 until 18 January 2016 (Mon) 14:00 Japan Standard Time.
How to Play Edit
Event passes are required to participate in the 'Regiment Battle' event. Each sortie uses up 1 pass. The maximum number of passes that can be stored is 3, and can be replenished with 1000 koban. Passes are automatically replenished for free every day at 5:00 and 17:00 JST.
There are 4 maps in this event: Easy, Normal, Difficult and Expert. The new sword Higekiri has a chance of dropping from the final wave of the Expert map.
As usual, clearing a map will open up the next one.
Event Sortie RulesEdit
When going on sortie, the chosen team will be the first to fight. Once on sortie, all 4 teams can be used freely to fight consecutive enemy teams, with the aim to defeat all of them. Every map has fixed day or night battle conditions.
After winning a battle, the following options will be available, from top to bottom, left to right:
- Continue: Proceed to the next wave with the currently selected team
- Restore: Use 'Army Provisions' item to fully heal the currently selected team
- Not available if the whole team is at full health
- Does not replenish sword morale or troop health
- Warning: the game will not ask to confirm your choice, so click carefully!
- Change teams: Swap your current team out for another team.
- Return to the citadel: End the battle and return to the citadel, taking all earned Otoshidama with you.
Additionally, pressing the large red button under the wave counter will hide these options, allowing the player to assess the enemy's formation and scenario to pick out the most appropriate team to use. Pressing it again restores the panel.
- Once a team has been changed out, that team cannot be used again for the remainder of the sortie, so make sure to time your team swaps carefully to avoid being disadvantaged by the changed match conditions. Do take the time to find a team formation that will be advantageous in battle.
- Teams participated in the sortie will receive their share of XP upon the completion of the final wave, or upon returning to the citadel. All swords in a team will receive the same amount of XP irrespective of their performance and participation in fights.
- If your team captain is heavily injured, the 'Continue fighting with the current team' option will be disabled. You can either use the 'Army provisions' item under the 'Restore team' option to continue fighting, or choose the 'Change teams' and 'Return to citadel' options.
Defeating enemies during the event will yield Otoshidama, which can be collected at the end of the sortie or cashed in earlier than usual by returning to the citadel between matches. Completing the entire sortie will also apply a small multiplier to the amount of Otoshidama collected that scales with the chosen map's difficulty, though being forced back to the citadel due to losing will only yield 50% of the total count.
Rewards will be received after winning certain numbers of Otoshidama. Please refer to the Rewards section for details. The current number of Otoshidama collected is displayed next to the event banner.
Note: The 'Winter Garden: Night, Snow-viewing Shoji' background debuts in this event and can be earned as a reward. If missed, it may be purchased later with koban.
The following items may be used during the event sorties. These items may be claimed as rewards for collecting Otoshidama at certain numbers, or may be purchased at the Shop.
- Army Provisions: While on a Regiment Battle sortie, this restores the health of all members of the currently selected team, including swords that are no longer able to battle. Note: it does not restore troops.
- Double Boxes: Using this before going on a sortie will double the Otoshidama earned.
Note: These items are for the Regiment Battle event only. Once the event ends, any unused items will vanish.
|Rewards||Otoshidama Needed||Rewards||Otoshidama Needed||Rewards||Otoshidama Needed|
|Army Provisions x1||30||Elites x1||6000||Archers x1||22500|
|Double Boxes x1||100||Army Provisions x1||7000||Kousetsu Samonji||25000|
|Light Infantry x1||300||Double Boxes x1||8000||Musketeers x1||27500|
|Light Cavalry x1||500||Shieldmen x1||9000||Aoge (Horse) x1||30000|
|Akita Toushirou||750||Mutsunokami Yoshiyuki||10000||Catapults x1||32500|
|Army Provisions x1||1000||Army Provisions x1||12000||Winter Night Background 1 and 2||35000|
|Double Boxes x1||2000||Double Boxes x1||14000||Shieldmen x1||37500|
|Spearmen x1||3000||Heavy Infantry x1||16000||Help Token x1||40000|
|Expedition Recall Pigeon x1||4000||Army Provisions x1||18000||Heavy Infantry x1||45000|
|Honebami Toushirou||5000||Souza Samonji||20000||Hizamaru||50000|
In the Event of Internet Disconnections Edit
During the event, if the game is interrupted due to connection issues, it may be possible to continue playing from where the interruption occurred after logging in again and data recovery.
Furthermore, if the interruption occurred after a battle has begun, the battle will be considered completed with the outcome decided. If the outcome was a defeat, the player will be returned to the citadel with the Otoshidama number reflecting this outcome.
- Teams under the following conditions may not participate in this event:
- The team slot has yet to be unlocked
- The team is on an expedition
- The team has members in the Repair room
- The team captain is heavily injured
- Injuries and lost troops will be healed upon returning to the citadel.
- Fatigue will accumulate during sorties.
- A sword will not break even when continuing while heavily injured; instead, he will not participate in the next battle.
- As swords do not break in event maps, any equipped Omamori will not be consumed.
- There are no sword drops outside of the boss fights.
- Battles fought during this event will count towards completing Missions.
- There is no level cap for earning experience points.
- Battle formations are not chosen in this event.
- Victories and defeats during this event will not be reflected in your Battle Records.
- The Kebiishi will not appear.
- Whether a drop appears at the end of the map or not depends only on the battle results of the last wave. (ex. a C Rank on the final wave will have no drop).
Each wave's battle conditions are fixed; however, enemy patterns may vary slightly.
|Battlefield Conditions||Description and details|
|Daytime Battles (by default)||
|Night Battles (夜戦)||
|Urban Battles (市街戦)||
|Indoor Battles (屋内戦)||
|Rain Battles (雨)||
- Difficulty level: ★
- Number of waves: 3
- Otoshidama per wave: 5
- Base experience per wave: 100
- Otoshidama multiplier for clearing the map: 1.2x
- Difficulty level: ★★
- Number of waves: 5
- Otoshidama per wave: 10
- Base experience per wave: 300
- Otoshidama multiplier for clearing the map: 1.5x
- Difficulty level: ★★★★
- Number of waves: 8
- Otoshidama per wave: 15
- Base experience per wave: 460
- Otoshidama multiplier for clearing the map: 1.8x
- Difficulty level: ★★★★★★
- Number of waves: 10
- Otoshidama per wave: 15
- Base experience per wave: 460
- Otoshidama multiplier for clearing the map: 2.0x
|Game News||Recent Updates • Campaigns • Events • Server Status|
|Sword List||Characters • List by Types • List by Stats || Sword Crests • Drop List || Official Artists • Official Voice Actors|
|Citadel||Front Lines • Expeditions • PvP || Equipment • Horses • Omamori || Smithing • Armory • Repairs • Refinery • Internal Affairs || Missions || Battle Records • Recollections • Recordings|| Shop • Backgrounds • Game Music • Koban|
|Tutorials||How to Register • Proxy Connection & Troubleshooting • FAQ • How to Play • Glossary • Items|
|Game Mechanism||Combat Mechanism • Experience • Upgrades • Fatigue || Enemies • Kebiishi|
|Media||Touken Ranbu Pocket || Musical • Stage Play || Anime Series || Merchandise|
|Community||Rules and Policies • Contributing • Suggestion • Wiki Poll Results || Wiki Staff • Wiki Forum • Discord Chat|